There’s only a handful of things one can consider truly life-changing: choosing a career path, meeting one’s spouse, having a baby, etc.
Add “discovering the Glowing Green Smoothie” to that list. It’s that amazing, y’all.
We’ve both been obsessed with Kimberly Snyder and her Beauty Detox lifestyle for awhile now. She’s basically everything we want to be: vegan yoga goddess, Earth mama, and health coach. We read her books, listen to her podcast, and basically copy everything she does. Like we said, we’re obsessed. Ensley’s question was even featured on this episode of her podcast!
Have you ever eaten “traditional” breakfast food (cereal, bagels) and then felt hungry like 30 minutes later? Us too. GGS to the rescue! This is Kimberly’s original recipe and one of her main staples for incredible health and digestion. Here’s why:
- unlike many traditional smoothies, this one isn’t loaded with sugar
- our bodies need a little “warm up” between fasting overnight and digesting a full meal
- the high amount of fiber helps to keep you full longer
- lemon juice = amazing detoxifier
We can attest that this actually keeps us full allllllll morning. And on the occasional days it doesn’t, we just eat a small breakfast a bit later. (Did somebody say “avocado toast”? Because we certainly did.)
The proportions below don’t need to be an exact science. Just aim for 80% greens to 20% fruit and you’ll be golden. Don’t be afraid to let it blend as long as needed to get that perfect consistency. As for the blenders we use, Kendra is a rock star with her Vitamix, and Ensley uses this Ninja that she got from her wedding registry. Different price points, but both come highly recommended by us. Happy sipping!
Kimberly Snyder's Glowing Green Smoothie
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 head organic spinach
- 1 head organic romaine (or a few handfuls of spring mix!)
- 3-4 stalks celery
- 1 banana
- 1 pear
- 1 apple
- Fill your blender with water, spinach, and lettuce. Blend until smooth.
- Add the celery, apple, and pear and blend again.
- Final step: add lemon juice and banana and give it one more whirl. Voila!