Even though we’ve passed Cinco de Mayo, we never stop celebrating Mexican food (and margs) over here at Rebelle Kitchen. And this Fiesta Bean Dip? Definitely something worth celebrating.
We’ve brought this to potlucks, parties, and even weekend getaways. Show up on the doorstep with this when you get a beach house invite and you’re practically guaranteed to get invited back.
Note: it’s tempting to add avocado to this because, duh. But we’ve found that the dressing makes avocado get kind of gooey-and melty and takes away from the texture. Save it for the guac.
And while we love pretty blue corn chips for this picture, go with the Tostitos Scoops all the way. A perfect little fiesta bowl every time you take a bite.
Fiesta Bean Dip
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1 cup no-salt added corn kernels frozen corn is better than canned due to whack BPA can linings
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped (this is about one small bunch)
- 1 packet Good Seasons Italian dressing mix prepared as directed
- Prepare Good Seasons dressing according to package directions and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix beans, corn, bell pepper, and cilantro.
- Drizzle in the salad dressing, stirring until well mixed.
- Pop in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour to really let those flavors marinate. (If you're in a big rush, skipping this step is more than fine.)That's all, y'all!
P.S. Need a drink pairing? Try it with our Rebelle Marg.