I’ve loved breakfast my whole life and now that I’ve incorporated eggs (from my mom’s friend who has chickens in her backyard) I’m excited on a whole new level. From omelettes to a good old fried eggs on toast, the options are endless.
I’m releasing an eBook soon called “Healthy Kids Snacks” and in that will be a recipe of mine that I use ALL THE TIME for breakfast and snacks for Oliver. It’s so easy because you can freeze the food and just defrost it each time you need it. (It’s a surprise, sorry!) But just like that, this French toast recipe is perfect to make ahead of time, pop in the freezer to defrost and put in the toaster to warm up for a quick and easy breakfast (along with cereal because Oliver has a big appetite in the mornings).
Some people like very “eggy” french toast but I do NOT. I prefer a smooth flavor with lots of cinnamon. You will love this recipe and it makes 6 slices so you can make them ahead, or just whip them up for the family in minutes.
- 6 slices white bread I use "Dave's Killer Bread"
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- pinch salt
- 1½ tsp vegan butter I use Earth Balance
- maple syrup
- Beat the eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla and salt in a shallow dish with a whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Heat up a skillet to medium heat, add 1/2 tsp of butter to coat the pan lightly.
- Dunk each slice of bread into the egg mixture, soaking both sides, and cook on the pan, turning over until each side is golden brown. Add 1/2 tsp butter each time you add new slices to cook.
- Serve hot with maple syrup or any other topping of your choice, or freeze for easy breakfasts another day.
Enjoy this yummy, simple and easy recipe!
Come follow me (Rebelle Kitchen) on Pinterest for more amazing recipes, or on Instagram where you can save my recipes to your collection for easy cooking! Tag me @rebellekitchen or use the hashtag #rebellekitchen when you make this so I can take a look!
Happy cooking everyone!
MORE BREAKFAST-Y RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE: