I came to a realization while I changed my closet from winter to spring this past weekend.
My sleepwear is disgusting.
As in, I am making a face at the computer as I type that disgusting. Grody flannel pants, oversize tee shirts that Patrick refers to as my “hang gliding shirts”….it was that bad. Feeling all Konmari, I washed/donated anything useable and threw away the rest.
I’ve started upping my pajama game with some of the pretty little things below. When my husband walks out of our bedroom in the morning, I want him to see me sipping coffee and looking impossibly chic vs. resembling a troll that just rolled out from under a bridge. And even though I want to look pretty, I still have to be comfy. No negligees or tight lacy gear. (Sorry, Patrick.) Here are a few of my recent finds:
- Leopard sleep mask. Literally just ordered this. There’s a streetlight right outside of our bedroom, so this will help block that out. Plus leopard = duh. Every night, my sleep mask comes off of my face and somehow makes it over to Patrick’s side of the bed, where he sweetly puts it on my pillow in the morning. Ah, marriage.
- Open-back nightie. This was a recent discovery from Victoria’s Secret that I’m really excited about. One of the reviews said it was “the most comfortable nightie that was also sexy”. It’s also on special for 2/$40. Sign me up.
- Floral robe (40% off!). Ok really. This is the most fabulous thing I’ve ever seen, especially compared to my threadbare towel robe that I will now be burning.
- White eyelet . This was my first pj-upgrade purchase, and it’s just as pretty as it looks. Every time I wear this Patrick compliments me, which was one of the main purposes of throwing away the gross tee shirts! It is a teensy bit see-through (maybe why Patrick likes it?) but not enough to bother me.
- Open-back tank + shorts . A pj version of the nightie above. I just can’t resist that open back.
A few more options I love that just aren’t in spring colors:
- Midi nightie (also comes in a pj version)
- Classic black nightie (here is a similar version for less than $20!). I wore commando products during my wedding and was really impressed. I have a feeling this nightie is as soft as it seems, which means it needs to be on my body ASAP.
Comfy? Check. Cute? Check. Husband happy? Check check.