One thing we love over here at Rebelle Kitchen is a good cocktail. Something we don’t love? A sugar hangover from neon-colored mix with ingredients a scientist couldn’t pronounce.
Just in time for Cinco de Mayo, we’ve brought you the best of both worlds: an amazing skinny margarita with only four all-natural ingredients. As in from the Earth, y’all. All hail the agave plant.
Skinny margs are generally either chock-full of artificial sweeteners or just watered down versions of the full-cal stuff. No thanks. This baby is heavy on the flavor, light on the calories, and the La Croix is at least keeping you a little hydrated. The best part? Just leave out the tequila for a mommy-to-be mocktail that’s not syrupy sweet. Seriously, y’all. It’s such a classic we’ve deemed it the Rebelle Marg.
- 2 oz silver tequila silver=less toxins for your liver
- 1 oz lime juice fresh is best, but we found an organic sub since we didn't really have time to juice 1000 limes
- 1/2 oz agave or coconut nectar
- 1 12 oz can lime La Croix (or other sparkling water)
- 1 lime wheel for garnish
- Combine tequila, lime juice, and agave in a cocktail shaker with ice and give it a good shake. Strain over fresh ice, top with La Croix, and garnish with lime wheel. Yes, it's that easy.
- Party tip: don't add ice to the mixture if you're making a large batch for a pitcher or drink dispenser. It'll just water it down, which we want to avoid. Simply add ice to your glass, pour your non-watery version from the pitcher, and enjoy!