Move over chocolate chip cookies-there’s a new crowd pleaser in town. A crowd pleaser that also has seven ingredients. I swear this is just as easy as dumping a box of brownie mix in a bowl.
When a good friend brought these amazing Almond Butter Brownies to our New Year’s Eve party, it was seriously love at first taste.(Thanks Food Babe!) Despite the fact it’s no longer the holiday season, I find myself coming up with random excuses to make them. Watching a football game? Check. Baby shower? Check. Just in the mood for something tasty? Double check.
Trust me-one bite of these and you’ll say goodbye to boxed brownie mix forever. Sorry not sorry.
Food Babe's Almond Butter Brownies
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 Tbsp water mix together in a separate small bowl until slightly thickened
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup coconut sugar you can find it in the sugar section of a health food store
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chunks or chips we love Enjoy for Life
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a small dish (8x8 or 8x6) thoroughly or line bottom of dish with parchment paper (parchment is the best)
- Mix all ingredients except chocolate chunks until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chunks and pour batter into pan.
- Bake brownies until golden dark brown - about 25 mins.
- Cool brownies for at least 10 mins before cutting...enjoy!