I’m so excited with how easy this recipe turned out and how delicious these homemade vegan peanut butter cups are.
I don’t have a light and bright kitchen so I photograph all my food outside on my countertop, but of course it’s been raining in Charlotte this whole year so far so it has not been easy. However, in between showers I managed to race outside and nibble on these chocolate peanut butter cups while trying to get a few good photos. The bright side (see what I did there?) about rain is the amazing natural cloudy light that makes it easy to photograph so I guess the rain isn’t too bad.
When I was growing up in South Africa, my Dad’s family (from PA in USA) would always ask my brother and I what we wanted them to bring us from the states whenever someone came to visit us and I would always say peanut butter cups. I think if I stacked all the peanut butter cups I’ve ever eaten, it would be as tall as the Eiffel Tower, eeeeek.
As I say in a lot of my posts, there are not a whole lot of vegan treats easily available to me so I tend to make my own and then I have control over what’s in them and they don’t need extra preservatives and all that. The trouble is that I always seem to have some unhealthy treat around the house and that doesn’t always help the little “mom pouch” I’m trying to get rid of, lol.
4 Ingredient Vegan Peanut Butter Cups
- 2 cups vegan chocolate chips divided
- 2 TBSP coconut oil divided
- 1/3 cup organic peanut butter
- 1 tsp agave or other liquid sweetener
- Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips in a double broiler or in a glass dish in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between until smooth.
- Add 1 TBSP of melted coconut oil to the cup of melted chocolate chips.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake cups and pour a small amount of melted chocolate into each cupcake cup. (Makes 12)
- Freeze for 15mins.
- Mix the peanut butter and agave together and scoop a teaspoon on top of each frozen chocolate cup.
- Melt the other cup of chocolate chips, add the melted oil and pour over the frozen chocolate with peanut butter. Make sure the chocolate covers the peanut butter completely. Melt more chocolate chips and oil if necessary.
- Freeze for 30 minutes and then store in an airtight container in the fridge. Allow to thaw for a minute or two before serving. Enjoy!
More vegan desserts and treats:
- Vegan Coconut Bounty Balls
- 4 Ingredient Chocolate Peppermint Bars
- Vegan Sugar Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Almond Butter Brownies
- Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Super Easy Chocolate Cake
Tag me @rebellekitchen so I can see your wonderful creations! Happy cooking everyone.