No-Cook Pita Pockets
A delicious light summer meal to whip up and cool you down.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 5 small Lettuce leaves shredded
- 2 sprigs Cilantro diced (I cut them up with scissors)
- 1/4 Red onion diced
- 1/2 Cucumber diced
- 1 Avocado cubed (Not pictured, I couldn't find a ripe one!)
- 1-2 Tbsp Hemp seeds
- 1 packet Organic baked tofu cubed (Trader Joe's)
- 3-4 Tbsp Vegan Mayonnaise (Harris Teeter carries Hellman's vegan dressing and sandwich spread)
- 4-6 tsp Hummus (I used classic)
- 1 packet Pita pockets
- Salt and pepper to taste
Shred, dice, and cube all the ingredients into a big glass bowl. Add the vegan mayonnaise and mix together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cut the pockets in half (if they come in circles). Line the pockets with a teaspoon of hummus and fill them with the salad above. Enjoy!