Creamy Wild Mushroom Soup: A Slow-Cooker Recipe
Tasty vegan take on a creamy wild mushroom soup.
Servings 4 people
- 3 TBSP olive oil divided
- 1 onion diced
- sprinkling spices coriander, garlic salt, italian herbs, nutmeg, allspice
- 1 tsp garlic crushed
- 2 punnets wild mushrooms
- ½ punnet white mushrooms sliced
- 1 yellow squash sliced into thin pieces
- 1 zucchini sliced into thin pieces
- 2 leaves kale destemmed and chopped
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ½ cup vegetable broth more or less as desired
Add 1 TBS of the olive oil to a pan and add the onions and spices. Sauté for about 5 minutes.
To the pan of onions, add the garlic, another TBSP of olive oil and the mushrooms. You may do it in batches if your pan isn't big enough. Sauté for about 5 minutes and then set aside.
Sauté the yellow squash and zucchini in the remaining olive oil and add more if necessary. About 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
Add the kale until wilted.
Add all ingredients into the slow cooker or crockpot and cook for 2-4 hours. Add more or less of the coconut cream and vegetable broth for your preferred consistency.
Photograph while fresh and hot (not like me the day later in poor light) and serve with vegan garlic bread. Enjoy!