Fruity and delicious acai bowl packed with a protein punch for a healthy breakfast, lunch or snack. Perfect for the whole faimily to enjoy.
Servings 4 small bowls
- 2 packs frozen acai I use Sambazon super fruit packs
- 1 cup mixed frozen berries
- ½ cup frozen cherries pits removed
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 TBSP chocolate protein powder
- ½ cup coconut water
- ½ cup water
- Toppings: fruit, coconut shreds, melted chocolate chips, peanut butter and granola for the base.
Put the acai packets in a warm glass of water for a couple minutes just to partly defrost them so your blender doesn't have to work too hard.
Add all the ingredients into ta high-speed blender and blend until smooth. The texture for this recipe is thicker than a smoothie, more like sorbet. If you want it more liquid-y, then feel free to add water in very small amounts.
Start with granola in a bowl, then add the acai and any toppings you like. I love banana, blueberries, peanut butter and melted chocolate chips for this recipe.
If you only need one portion, let separate the rest of the acai into 3 small portions and freeze in separate bell jars for easy defrosting. And remember to only partly defrost them to keep the thick yummy texture. Enjoy!